Thursday 11 August 2016

My colourful "six-pack" travel wardrobe

I've been a fan of The Vivienne Files for a long time, and Janice has been the inspiration behind many of the posts on my blog. I was very excited by her latest series of posts, using beige, bright blue and orange, as I have similar colours in my own wardrobe. As I have a holiday coming up at the end of the month, I thought I would see how much of her six-pack travel capsule I could use to create my own travel wardrobe.  Below you can see Janice's version and the link to her post is above.


There are actually nine items of clothing shown, however three pieces will be worn when travelling while the other six will be packed into the travel bag. If I was flying hand luggage only, this would work well for a week's holiday or even two weeks if I did some hand washing. I'm travelling by train though, and we'll be away for ten days, so my travel capsule will contain a few extra items.




I have shown nine items of clothing in the above pictures, giving me a travel outfit and six-pack like Janice's, however I am lucky enough not to be limited by hand luggage restrictions on size and weight for this trip, so I will add the following items.


My final selection consists of a white short-sleeved lace top, an orange tank top, a green and yellow dress (which I admit doesn't fit in with my colour scheme!) and a loose navy top.  I will be checking the weather forecast just before I actually pack my case. If it's going to be hot in southern Spain, I will probably leave the blue jacket behind and just take the orange cardigan. My accessories will be chosen to fit in with this capsule: I have a couple of blue scarves, a beige bag and shoes, plus coral and gold earrings.

I will be celebrating my birthday while we're away, so I may very well treat myself to something new in orange or blue to fit in with this colour scheme! In my next post I will be talking about expanding this capsule to create a "whatever's clean" wardrobe so I can identify any potential gaps.

5 comments: