Friday 17 March 2017

Capsule wardrobe challenges; body types

I always enjoy taking part in style challenges, partly because it encourages me to be more creative when putting together outfits, however mainly because of the great feedback from other participants. I thought it might be fun to share some of my outfits from the 40+ Style Club challenges that gained the approval of others taking part.

The first challenge was called the Body Type Challenge: the idea was to try to flatter our varying body types as well as meeting the criteria of the daily challenges. We did this over a period of two weeks. I'm a rectangle (shoulders and hips are a similar width and so is my waist), verging on an apple because of my tummy! I thought it might be interesting to show you the six outfits (out of ten) that gained the most favourable comments and what everyone liked about them.

Outfit 1
Outfit 2
Outfit One was commended by one person because the circles in the necklace picked up the polka dots in my top. Comments were also made about the contrast between the polka dot top and the tweed jacket.

Outfit Two was liked for a night out and in particular for the necklace (which is the same necklace as in outfit one).



Outfit 3

Outfit 4 
Outfit Three. Many people commented that they liked the pendant, as well as the colour of the cardigan.

Outfit Four.  The mix of stripes was a great hit, plus the pop of red. One person loved the jacket, which happens to be one of my favourites as it's from the Principles petite range so fits me well.

Outfit 5

Outfit 6
Outfit Five. Everyone liked the pop of orange showing under the tunic, as well as commenting that the tunic had a lovely light look.

Outfit Six proved very popular, with people loving the colours on me, plus the contrast between the tweed jacket and the top.

Some of these outfits I've worn before, however the two outfits with the tweed jacket and the mixed stripes look were new ones that I tried out because of the challenge. Which of these outfits do you like the best?

4 comments:

  1. I think your style choices are great.

    The proportions are good on them all apart from the cardigan in Outfit 3 which I think is a little long and shortens your bottom half. It's just working together the rectangle shape plus the vertical body. I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits. You have really become an amazing fashionista, and you look so comfortable in these looks.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again. I would be interested in knowing if there is a difference between the fashions of Spain vs Britain.

    Sharon Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon That's a very interesting question. I really must write a post about it one day! I've noticed that they do have the "on-trend" colours in shops here in Spain, but looking at Spanish women's magazines, they particularly love to look "sexy"! If I wear bright colours and skirts above the knees in Spain I don't even think about it, whereas in the UK I would be more aware of it - particularly as an over 60 women!

      Delete